Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Instructions for Setting Up Payments

FOR DRAFTS FROM A CHECKING ACCOUNT (credit/debit card users... instructions are below**): Please send the school office a voided check if you have not already done so! Please note that this is NOT required if you have already paid the entire year up front!

FOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARD:**Important instructions for those paying by credit/debit card:

If you are paying by debit or credit card, you MUST contact me first (bsb@hopechristian.net). Your account billing type has to be changed to credit/debit card. If you try to add your credit/debit card information before I do this, it will not save your information!

FOR BOTH CHECKING & DEBIT/CARD PAYMENTS:
I've also been getting questions about setting your auto-draft date. Please be sure to email me with what date you would like (3rd or 18th). Unfortunately all the initial setup has to be done by us, but please be patient with us. I have over 650 families to setup!

To retrieve your password for the self-help portal:

1. Go to http://www.accounthistory.net
2. To the right of the "Log In" button, click the link that says "I forgot my password".
3. At the prompt, enter in your email address (the email on file with HCS).
4. Within the next 10 minutes, you should receive an email with your password.
5. Return to http://www.accounthistory.net.
6. Log In as normal with the password you received in the email.
7. Once logged in, navigate to the "Password" tab.
8. Follow the on screen instructions to change your password.

If you had a problem at step 3, this will be addressed in the FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: Am I required to use the self-help portal?
A: No, however it can be useful! The most useful features are the ability to change your billing information, such as address, phone number, etc and you have a place to track all of your past and current bills!

Q: Is my personal information safe?
A: Absolutely! We will never share your information with anyone, and you will never have to provide any financial information over the internet (such as credit card numbers).

Q: When I try to reset my password, I get "Email not found in database"!
A: No problem! Just email bsb@hopechristian.net (Brandon Burchfield) with your full name and the email address you wish to associate with your account.

Q: Is there anything else I need to do?
A: Not at all! Once we have your billing information on file, the rest is completely automated.

If you have any questions at all please feel free to email me at bsb@hopechristian.net

No comments: