Hello everyone,
I am so excited about the sign up for the fall field trips, it is going to be a great time and I am looking forward to spending time with everyone!
Just a couple of thing I wanted to tell you about....on Hope Day I mentioned that my sons, who are teenagers, wanted to help plan some events. Well, they have come up with something! September 17, they are planning a LATE NIGHT BOWLING event. The cost will be $10.00 for two hours of bowling plus the cost of shoes. I think that is around $2.50. (THERE WILL BE AN ADULT WITH MY CHILDREN, WELL IF I AM CONSIDERED AN ADULT.) They would meet at Oak Mtn Lanes, in Pelham at 10 pm, bowl for the 2 hours and leave from there. If your teens are interested, please let me know by September 1st. I love that my sons are taking the incentive and I think this is a great way for them to reaching out of their comfort zone and to meet others. Hopefully your children will be as excited as mine!
Another opportunity I want to tell you about is the CALERA FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY, will be having its first DUST OF YOUR GLASS SLIPPERS meeting. This is a AWESOME volunteer experience, especially if you are working on hours for the presidential award. You could earn all your hours in one event. Or if your children are members of Key Club, this is right up the Kiwanis alley.
For you who are not familiar with this event, the Friends put on a fundraiser for the library. It is Wintertime Fairy Tale Ball; last year the event turned into a HUGE event. Well, we are planning bigger and better this year! We changed the month of the event to February and we are planning on having a breakfast and craft event the day of the ball with the fairy tale actors. That evening we will have carriage rides, a small play, and of course mix and mingle with all the characters. NOTHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS IN ANY OF THE COUNTIES AROUND US. But as you can see, we need lots of help. If you or your children are available to help in any form we have plenty of options: help us mail information, hang up flyers, be a character, help build sets, help with directions, or help with the silent auction. Any amount of time you wish to give will be GREATLY appreciative! Again, this is the largest fundraiser for the library. These funds go directly into programs that unfortunately have been cut from the city's budget. It will fund summer reading programs, preschool and pea pod story time, author tours, and book crackers reading club.
Spend some time thinking about it, the meeting will be at 6 PM on September 18 at the Calera Library.........Hope to see you there!
Rhonda
Rhonda
1 comment:
Is that date right? What I saw at the library I thought said the 17th.
Post a Comment